Are you considering braces? Do you need braces but are confused about the entire process? Supreme Dental Care delivers swift dental corrections in our state-of-the-art dental clinic. Regardless of age, our dentists offer the experience and passion to create your perfect smile with the perfect treatment for you.
What are Orthodontic Braces? | Aligning Teeth and Confidence
Have you considered orthodontic treatments, but aren’t sure if they’re right for you? As an active member of the Australian Dental Association, our dentists in Glen Waverley specialise in the most advanced orthodontic procedures available today. Using the latest digital mapping and correction technology, we streamline treatments to give you the confidence and comfort of a perfect smile.
Orthodontic braces come in a variety of styles and functions. After your initial assessment, your dentist will clearly explain the best option for you. These customised appliances are the most advanced orthodontics to date. Our dentists may recommend:
- Fixed Braces | Made out of metal or ceramic, brackets attach to the front of your teeth and provide correction by tightening wires connected to each bracket. These are the most common type of orthodontic braces.
- Removable Braces | Made out of advanced clear material, aligners correct teeth through a gradual progression method. Unlike fixed braces, this treatment lets you remove the aligner when you eat and drink. Its clear design is aesthetically makes this option nearly invisible, but it may not be an appropriate option for patients with severe dental issues.
Benefits of Orthodontic Braces
Our patients can hardly recognise their smile after completing the entire treatment. While appearance is important, benefits go far deeper than aesthetic corrections.
- Reduced Risk of Gum Disease and Tooth Decay | Crooked or crowded teeth act as little food traps, which are difficult to thoroughly clean. Over time, food debris transforms into plaque and increase your risk of cavities, and eventually, gum disease.
- Slows Down Bone Erosion | Misaligned teeth puts excess pressure in specific areas throughout your jaw. Eventually, this excess pressure can result in bone loss. Braces redistribute chewing pressure to maintain healthy, happy jaws.
- Speech Improvement | Speech difficulty, especially in children, is a common symptom of misaligned teeth. After treatment, many find speaking easier and effortless.
Orthodontic Braces Procedure
Our dentists customise your procedure based on your unique situation. During your initial consultation and assessment, we work with you to create the most effective, and swiftest, treatment plan.
The entire procedure varies in complexity, and duration, based on the type of orthodontic braces used and whether preparation treatments, like dental extractions, are needed. Fixed braces require several appointments to install and adjust throughout the treatment. Adjustment appointments are set by your dentist, which are typically every six to eight weeks.
Removable braces, such as Invisalign, aren’t as demanding. After your initial appointments to create a mould of your teeth and establish a treatment plan, you receive a new set of aligners every couple of weeks. Periodic visits to your dentist is required. Appointment frequency is determined by your dentist, but is typically every six weeks.